Ship Investment Cash Flow Analysis with Excel
Financial modelling of ship investments can quantify the downside risk and the upside potential before deciding to invest. It is also a useful tool to monitor risks and performance during the investment period. A good ﬁnancial model is also an excellent tool for communicating opportunities or potential problems to management, lenders and investors. Working with a good ship finance model makes it possible to identify opportunities or potential problems to early, and plans for appropriate actions to be prepared in advance.
Some of the questions you may want answers to are:
How much capital is needed for the project?
What is the debt capacity of the project?
What is the financing structure that maximizes the Net Present Value (NPV) of equity invested?
What is the cash impact of financing alternatives, chartering policies and market developments?
What is required to meet the target return on equity?
How long will current cash last under various scenarios?
Pacoship is an Excel-based application with flexible workflow and extensive report capabilities. Pacoship provides Shipowners, shipbrokers, financiers and investors with a time saving tool for financial analysis and modelling of ship investment. Students and people with a maritime background moving into financial positions will also find it useful.
- To run Pacoship, you need to run Excel on a computer with a Windows operating system. To make use of exporting charts generated by Pacoship directly to Powerpoint you must have Powerpoint installed. To send e-mails directly from Pacoship you need to have Outlook installed.
- Select Project Type (Newbuilding or Secondhand Purchase) and update input data for SHIP, EMPLOYMENT, OPEX and FINANCING. Pacoship calculates Project Cash Flow, Cash Flow to Equity and performs sensitivity analysis.
- The reports (with charts) can be printed or saved as PDF files and e-mailed.
- The application generates a Powerpoint presentation with selected charts.
- You can share input data with other users by sending e-mails with XML data files directly to other users who have the Pacoship Excel application.
An E-mail with your download and Activation Key is automatically generated and sent to you immediately after check out.
Remember to check your junk mail folder. Automatically generated e-mails may end up there.
Do not hesitate to ask for help or user support.
By clicking on the KNOWLEDGE tab on this website you can access useful information on how to use Pacoship.
COMMUNITY has Blog with news and useful articles and User Forum where users can ask questions and share experiences.
Watch out for coming Seminars and User Group Workshops.
One-to one personal support is available by Live Chat or e-mail to: [email protected]